This new Handbook provides a series of reference guides to cleaner production methods, technologies, and practices for key industry sectors.
Each volume covers, for each industry sector:
* the manufacturing technologies
* waste management
* methods for estimating and reporting emissions
* treatment and control technologies
* worker and community health risk exposures
* cost data for pollution management
* cleaner production and prevention alternatives
Best Practices in The Petroleum Industry provides an overview of refineries and gas plant operations and identifies the key Environmental Aspects, supported by case studies of major incidents that resulted in catastrophic releases of oil and refined products, and a critical assessment of the methodology and calculation procedures that the industry relies on in preparing emissions inventories. The authors offer alternative approaches to providing more accurate emissions estimates, and guidelines on cleaner production and pollution prevention practices for improving overall environmental performance.
1. The petroleum industry
2. The Santa Maria oil sumps
3. The Santa Barbara oil spill of 1969
4. Exxon Valdez oil spill
5. Best practices for developing fugitive emissions inventories
6. Guidelines for cleaner production